WHO WE ARE
TABB™ Packaging Solutions is a women-owned business certified through the WBENC with more than 20 years of experience in the plastic packaging and bottled water industries. TABB™ provides quality products to consumer product companies while operating with environmental and social responsibility.
What We Offer
TABB™ aims to provide a cost-effective solution and minority spend advantage through its environmentally-friendly manufacturing processes and product offerings. Our business model offers customers a solution from the creation of packaging, to its life cycle end, and through reuse as a recycled material. TABB™ offers a variety of solutions for packaging products, including:
- post-consumer recycled material
- both food grade and non-food grade PET
- non-food grade HDPE
- sustainability consulting
The National Women’s Business Enterprise Certification (WBENC) certification is awarded to exemplary business enterprises, following an initial business review and rigorous annual auditing process. TABB™ is proud to hold this certification.
Founded in 1997, the WBENC is the nation’s leading advocate of women-owned businesses that supply to domestic and international corporations. It is the largest third-party certifier of businesses owned and operated by women in the US. For more information, visit www.wbenc.org.
Why Minority Spend
As a women-owned business, TABB™ offers a minority spend advantage.
Minority Spend Market Advantages
- The value of purchases decided by women translates into trillions of dollars in earnings worldwide for businesses.
- Women account for the majority of all consumer purchases with the highest influence on food and grocery purchases.
Why is Supplier Diversity Important?
- It promotes innovation through the entrance of new products, services, and solutions
- It provides multiple channels from which to procure goods and services
- It drives competition (on price and service levels) between the company’s existing and potential vendors
- It allows a company to take advantage of new opportunities for business expansion with the emergence of new consumer needs based upon shifting demographics
- It displays an organization’s commitment to doing business, beyond consumerism, in diverse markets
- It showcases the company’s interest in and commitment to the economic growth of all communities
What is Minority Spend?
HUB (Historically Underutilized Business) began with an executive order signed by President Nixon in 1969 to increase the amount of goods and services acquired from businesses that are at least 51% owned by minorities. Minority spend is a business strategy that creates a diverse supply chain for the inclusion of various groups in procuring goods and services.
Minorities and women represent the fastest growth in the consumer base. Supplier diversity requires that businesses ensure these groups have access to the opportunities created by their own revenues.
Diversity certification is an important milestone in the life of a supplier because it authenticates that the business is owned, managed, and controlled by a qualifying diverse group. Certification also opens the door for opportunities to contract with the federal government, which has a mandate to increase the number of diverse suppliers within an organization’s supply chain.
Who is TABB™ and Why Was It Formed?
TABB™ Packaging Solutions was formed by four siblings, three of which are females. The owners come from a family with 50 plus years of experience in the plastic packaging and bottled water industries.
The company was formed out of a need for minority suppliers to provide goods and services to the plastic packaging industry. Additionally, from their experience in these industries, the owners saw the growing push by the industry, government, and consumers to be more environmentally responsible with their practices.